Monday 28 April 2014

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation

If you want to know one thing about me, its that I get bored of foundations way too quickly and and up switching up my base pretty often. I was really intrigued by the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish  Compact Foundation (what a mouth full). I remember one of my favorite foundations used to be Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation and this Bobbi Brown compact seems to deliver very similar results. 
The foundation is a creamy formula and it is actually hydrating, I thought it would dry out my skin and extenuate the dryness. The downside is that it could be comedogenic because of it's  thicker consistency, but so far no breakouts! It comes with an applicator sponge, which works well but I prefer buffing it into the skin with a face brush such as the Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush. It blends really nicely, helping you achieve a medium coverage. One point of difference that stood out for me is how smooth it made my skin, it glides on to create really soft skin that looks very natural!  It does give a dewy effect and I always like to set it with a bit of translucent powder just to make sure it doesn't move! 

The product claims to be long lasting, I didn't notice that it stayed on for too long unfortunately...I applied it in the morning and by the evening it has almost rubbed off. So the only bad thing I have to point out is the staying power. 
I wouldn't wear this on an night out but it's perfect for an everyday daytime look.
Everyday look. Colour:  Natural 




What are your thoughts on this product! Let me know!
Danica 
xx 



2 comments:

  1. I have this as well! I agree i dont find it long lasting at all. I carry it with me for touch ups or to use after work if im going out for an hour or two but i find it over rated! Its nice to see someone swaps foundation as often as me. I still have not found one solid foundation to win me over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted. Thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete