Tuesday 18 February 2014

whats in my makeup travel bag!



 This weekend I am going on a short trip up the coast  and I though I would share what I like to put in my makeup bag. This is post is more ideal for those short vacations  when you only need a few essentials.

Makeup
I generally keep my makeup simple when I am on holiday so I only don't actually take that much makeup! 

  • Nars Tinted moisturizer
    I love using this tinted moisturiser because of its light consistency. It also has SPF which gives added benefit of protection against UV rays!
  • Rimmel eyebrow pencil
    I have to do my brows, even if I am just walking up the street to get coffee. Strong eyebrow game at all times is essential! 
  • Maybelline FITME concealer 
    I have gone through at least three tubes of this! It works so well for covering spots and for under the eyes. 
  • Hourglass cheek stain "Petal".
    I am all for cream/liquid blushes. They look natural and have amazing staying power especially for people with dryer skin. 
  • Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Powder
    This is the perfect setting powder, it controls shine, helps makeup to stay put. In addition, it creates a flawless complexion by erasing poors and evening skin tone! 
  • Max Factor Volume Mascara
    My Favorite mascara at the moment - It separates the lashes and makes them longer whilst still maintaining a natural look. Although its not waterproof. 
  • Korres Lip Butter (Jasmine)
    My lips have been extremely dry and cracked lately, its been horrible. Recently, I bought the Korres Lip Butter and it has saved my poor lips!  There is a subtle scent of jasmine and it adds a nice natural glossy finish. The best thing is that my lips don't become dependent on this balm.

Skincare
I like sticking to my cleansing routine even on holiday!  I obviously cant take a big 250ml bottle of cataphyll with me so I like to use small travel jars or sample pots to put all my creams into. 
  • Face Sunscreen 
    A lot of people I talk to complain about sunscreen breaking them out. Most facial sunscreens are formulated to be non comedogenic, which means they wont block pores. Another tip is look for sunscreens that have a water base rather than a oil base. Although physical sunscreen provide great protection agains UVA+UVB rays, chemical sunscreen minimizes the chance of breakouts. Try to avoid ingredients such as Titanium Dioxide Zinc Oxide (less comedogenic) if you have sensitive or have prone to break outs skin.  
  • Purity by Philosophy (50ml bottle)
    A great, simple cleanser that works well to remove makeup, even my waterproof mascara. 
  • 24 hour moisturizer that will double as a night cream for example Korres 24H brightening cream.
  • Miceller Water
    I have definitely jumped on the Miceller Water band wagon. The water is perfect for removing makeup. 
  • Loreal Revitalift Makeup Removing Wipes
    I dont usually use makeup wipes, but when I am travelling they come in handy for either wiping my hands or taking off makeup. I decided to try the Loreal ones and I have really been enjoying them. They hold a lot of moisture, they take off makeup, they don't leave my skin feeling dehydrated. They contain Glycoliss which is a mild exfoliant and Vitamin C for brightening. Another benefit is that they don't give me break outs! 
  • Formula 10.0.6 'Rescue Me' Acne Blemish Treatment. 
    This little miracle in a tube has traveled with me for months! It helps minimize the size of pimples overnight! Shame it doesn't work on the big under-the-skin acne. 
  • Hydrating mask
    Hydrating masks are great  to take with you on the plane, especially on a long journey! The one I have been loving lately is the Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask. 
  • Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion
    A favorite of mine! It works well to remove any left over makeup and refresh the skin! In addition, it helps keep breakouts under control.

Hope you found this post helpful! 
Danica xx


                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Great picks in here! I love the NARS tinted moisturiser, I've gone through a sample of this stuff but my favourite is still Chantecaille Just Skin. Have you tried it? It's really beautiful on the skin and is amazing matched with the Ambient Powder for a flawless, glowing complexion xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've never tried anything from chantecaille, I will asap! thanks for the advice Katrina!

    Danica xx

    ReplyDelete