Saturday 19 April 2014

50's inspired makeup




Hey everyone, last night I was watching the movie On The Road based on the book by Jack Kerouac. I fell in love with Mary-lou's (Kristen Stewart) and Camille's (kirsten Dunst) makeup, not to mention all the women in general. 
I kept the base very simple with just a little bit of contour and a deep plum blush. I used Nars Laguna for contouring and Nars Seduction for the blush. I noticed that their eye makeup was very simple but was accompanied by a statement lip. I used the Stila In the Light Palette (Kitten and Bare in the middle of the mobile lid and Bliss and Sandstone in the crease and outer corner) . I finished off the eyes by adding a thin winged eyeliner, the one I always come back to is the Liquid liner by Face of Australia; it is so easy to use I have never done a wing wrong! 
I wanted a striking red lip so I chose Ruby Red by Max Factor. This lipstick stay's on all day and it doesn't leave my lips look dry and cracked.
For the hair I wanted tight curls, since my hair is already relatively curly, all I had to do is add a bit more definition with a curler and some hairspray! 
Hope this inspires you to try out some classic makeup looks. I think its perfect for a night out or even a daytime date. 



Danica xx 

2 comments:

  1. I love this look!! You look amazing here!! You are just so pretty and your makeup looks flawless!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, that is so sweet!!!
      Danica xx

      Delete